Bariatric surgery is a type of surgery that results in weight loss by restricting the size of the stomach, or the amount of food a person can eat before feeling full.
For more information on Bariatric Surgery at Healthpointe please visit the following pages:
Revision Weight Loss Surgery
Revision is a surgery that corrects an error or complications from another previously performed surgery.
As a weight loss procedure, it is designed to correct or “revise” a past weight loss surgery which resulted in complications or unexpected outcomes. Many people who undergo bariatric surgery, such as gastric bypass, gastric band, or sleeve gastrectomy, tend to experience weight gain years after the surgery or other complications. While in many cases, the weight gain is due to a lapse in diet and exercise and is only mild, sometimes not enough weight was lost to begin with and the pouch between the stomach and small intestines is stretched out.
How it Works
Before your doctor can perform a revision, you will undergo diagnostic tests to look for any abnormalities and determine the cause of the weight gain. This is done through a radiograph (x-ray) or endoscopy (in which a camera passes through the stomach).
The revision procedure is tailored to the specific problem. For example:
- Revision lap band to sleeve gastrectomy
- Revision lap sleeve to lap sleeve
- Revision gastric bypass to gastric bypass
- Revision sleeve to gastric bypass
- Revision gastric bypass intestine lengthening
Who Can Benefit?
Patients who have undergone a bariatric procedure and who did not experience significant weight loss, or who gained a significant amount of weight back after the procedure even with diet and exercise, or who have had complications, may be candidates for a revision.
What to Expect After Surgery
Recovery times vary from person to person and depend on the procedure performed.
Healthpointe has top-of-the-line physicians and surgeons who are trained to provide treatment for obesity and its associated symptoms.
Revision surgery in Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside and Los Angeles County:
- Revision surgery in and near Anaheim
- Revision surgery in and near Colton
- Revision surgery in and near Corona
- Revision surgery in and near Garden Grove
- Revision surgery in and near Irwindale
- Revision surgery in and near La Mirada
- Revision surgery in and near Long Beach
- Revision surgery in and near Los Angeles
- Revision surgery in and near Ontario
- Revision surgery in and near Perris
- Revision surgery in and near Temecula
Contact Healthpointe Today!
To learn more about Revision surgery at Healthpointe, or if sleeve gastrectomy is right for you, please schedule an appointment today!