HEALTHPOINTE IS SEEKING A BACK OFFICE MEDICAL ASSISTANT IN THE CITY OF ANAHEIM
Healthpointe is a leading multidisciplinary healthcare organization that offers a full range of medical services in practice locations throughout Southern California (Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County and Riverside County). Our specialty services include but are not limited to orthopedic care, occupational medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic care, physical therapy, weight management, sports medicine, and more. Leading our organization is a dynamic team of healthcare professionals who continually strive to be at the forefront of medical innovation and healthcare service delivery
At Healthpointe, we recognize that our employees are our greatest assets when it comes to providing exceptional care to our patients. That is why Healthpointe is dedicated to hiring the most skilled and highly qualified staff to uphold our standards of care.
A Back Office Medical Assistant that will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines and work under direct or indirect supervision. They will perform any combination of daily clerical duties in accordance with Healthpointe policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
• Greets patients and visitors and directs them accordingly.
• Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
• Admits patients into Chartbase in accordance with client company protocols.
• Explains all required paperwork and forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
• Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly.
• Checks out patients either via computer system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer's protocols.
• Dispense medications accordingly.
• Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
• Dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms.
• Assists in processing patient referrals as required.
• Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules as outlined in training received.
• Attends center staff meetings.
• Participates in ongoing training.
• Performs other duties, as assigned
- Knowledge of back office medical clinic operations.
- Knowledge of the electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of employment testing such as, but not limited to drug screens, audios, PFT, and physicals.
- Knowledge of assisting in minor surgical procedures, giving injections and HIPAA compliance.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and a good team player.
- Punctuality and attendance is very important.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage.
- Flexible Benefits – choose what you like, ignore the rest.
- Sick time.
- Holiday pay.
- Vacation time.
If you are interested in the position, apply today!