How can I speed up my metabolism?
The answer is quite complex; however, there are tips and tricks to boosting your metabolism.
- Eat a good breakfast – It is important that you get a good nutritious meal (lots of omega-3 oils). This means that you have a filling breakfast, which will help your body function. When you don’t eat breakfast your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to calories. Moreover, you don’t have to say goodbye to your coffee. Studies show that a good cup of coffee can help boost your metabolism because it stimulates your central nervous system. And after your cup of coffee, you might want to drink a cold glass of water, since cold temperatures can help burn calories.
- Build Muscles – It is important to note that muscles burn more calories. Therefore, it would be a good idea to eat more protein lunches. Also, when exercising, it’s a good idea to strength train (because strength training builds muscles)!.
- Drink Green Tea – Yes, drinking green tea can help you speed up your metabolism. The tea contains antioxidant polyphenols and catechin. If you drink five to eight ounces of green tea (hot or iced) you can speed up your metabolism and increase your energy.
- Grazing throughout your day – It is a proven strategy that snacking helps curb hunger and decrease the amount of calories that are taken in. However, it is important to note that you shouldn’t have notorious snacks, and still have your meals. It is suggested that you have six proportionately-sized meals.
- Get rid of Trans Fats – These fats are not good fats. Trans Fats slow down your body’s ability to burn fat. Trans Fats have been altered and therefore, react a different way. They tend to stick to fat and liver cells. Additionally, the trans fat can cripple metabolism and cause weight gain.
It is important that you get your physicals or even see a nutritionist. Speeding your metabolism isn’t going to happen overnight. Stay healthy, and talk to a doctor!
For more information about Healthpointe’s call 888-719-8448 or visit any of the Healthpointe Offices, such as the Temecula near Murrieta, Fallbrook, Wildomar, Canyon Lake, and Sun City.
Healthpointe is a leading multidisciplinary healthcare organization offering a full range of medical services in practice locations throughout Southern California (Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County). Healthpointe has locations situated in over 10 cities in Southern California including Perris by Nuevo, Sun City, Canyon Lake, Homeland, Romoland, and Lakeview. As a highly regarded musculoskeletal group, we have a personal investment in the highest level of service, and we are proud of our record of excellence over the last four decades with private patients, injured workers, urgent care, personal injuries, and professional and non-professional athletes. Leading our organization is a dynamic team of healthcare professionals who continually strive to be at the forefront of medical innovation and healthcare service delivery. For more information, a complete list of services, and Healthpointe locations, visit Healthpointe.net